Why Choose Extending Outdoors Ltd
We have been marketing retractable enclosures in the UK since 1991 when they were first imported from Europe. Before then we had been constructing large span buildings such as conservatories, orangeries, glass extensions and swimming pool enclosures in timber, aluminium and Upvc so have gained a great deal of experience in construction in this market as well as, planning and building regulations.
Note: - We are not the least in price, nor the most; however, our products are the best on the market.
We are unlike any other pool enclosure provider and here's why:
- Made-to-measure. Our pool enclosures are measured and made to perfectly fit your space
- Standard. Set sizes and standard glazing
- Guaranteed. Up to 10-year warranty on the build and installation. 15-year warranty on the glazing
- Structural integrity. Our enclosures are strong, safe and can be gap-free, so unlike other enclosures, they may survive gale force winds & snow load.
- Exclusive. We only install the highest quality enclosures. We are the only UK providers of industry-leading brands Alunal and Azenco
- Accountable. We provide all our products directly, installed by our own people. This keeps it cost effective for you
- Reliable. We prefer to use glass, not plastic when high or mid – height, as it gives you all year round use of your pool
- Design. A huge range of design options and we can customise your enclosure with any colour of your choice
- Experience. We pioneered pool enclosures in the UK, since its inception in 1991.
- Tracked or Untracked – Dependent on product & surface area to fit to. With tracked both sides you are assured of no debris coming beneath sections. As all sections are retractable there will be gaps to bottom sections when no track.
Our buildings can be fixed or retractable are made to measure and can be single glazed with safety glass for sides & ends when mid height or high.
Commercially we offer far more insulated buildings whether fixed or retractable than others especially with schools as some local authorities decline plastic swimming pool enclosures due to their cost to maintain a suitable environment all year as those products do not offer much heat insulation and costs may be excessive to heat in the colder periods if used all year.
There are other products available for Spas & Hot Tubs, Retractable Garden Rooms, retractable buildings for Restaurant, Hotel and other concerns who seek a quick economical extension to cover a patio area, outside eating area, reception area etc.
We have also been able to not only replace older pool buildings but also refurbish some as a more economical option.
Whatever you are looking for we are certain that we will be able to offer a solution.
Important General and Safety Information
Please note that although the enclosures appear to look the same there are many differences in quality of construction, design & build. Also, many companies now import their product from a European Supplier who will also send European Fitters with their product to install. That offers issues should there be problems in the future.
ALL products we offer unless Supply Only will be fitted by our own fitters, we operate directly with customers and do not use salespeople so there are no misunderstandings – ALL work is covered with Public Liability Assurance as it should be.
All having child proof safety features and all compliant with CE.
CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA.
ALL with child proof locks for sections & doors. ALL sections should be fixed down when not in use.
Help with Planning Permission
Please be advised that the Retractable Enclosure, whether high or low, is not a temporary building and is subject to planning when applicable for a sensitive area such as Conservation, Green Belt, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Listed etc.
Classified as a Temporary Building due to the retractability. Some Local Authorities although when in a sensitive area may not require planning whilst others will. We would normally undertake this on your behalf. It can take 8 weeks or less once acknowledged by your Local Authority, we submit at least 8 – 12 planning applications each year and to date we have not gained planning. Building Regulations as normally not applicable as a grey area with Building Control.
It is unwise to pay too much, but it’s unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.
When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the things you bought it to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it’s well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)
Want more information?
If you believe that one of our products will serve your needs please do not hesitate to get in touch. We will be able to answer all your questions and discuss the various options avavailable to you. You can call us on 01722 444590 or 07718 180511. Alternatively complete our enquiry form and we will contact you.